Prague is a super choice for your wild Hen Party Weekend and we want to help you make it run as smooth as silk, so we have put together a little list of items that might be of use to you in your planning, off course if you want the perfect Hen Weekend, then contact us, we can arrange all you will need.
From arriving at the airport we can collect you in private minibuses, coaches or luxury Limousines and Party Hummer for bigger size groups, and you can add many party extras in these party transporters.
Hen Groups on arrival at Prague Airport
Prague airport is located about 16km (10 miles) from Prague City centre, it takes about 25 to 30 minutes in normal traffic conditions, but on a Friday or Monday in heavy traffic it could take about 45 minutes, it is always best to allow a maximum 1 hour for the journey just to be on the safe side.
How to get from Prague Airport to Prague City centre ? - easy, we can book a private driver to be waiting for you and your group with your name displayed on a board to transfer you in private transport to your accommodation, for more info on this go to our Private Prague Airport Transfers section.
Alternately you could take a normal taxi at the airport, but we cannot guarantee that the taxi will charge you the correct rate, so we would advise to book with us. Or you could take Public Transport, there are buses leaving in intervals of 5 to 20 minutes but they do not go direct to the centre, they go to the Metro stations and from there you need to take a Metro into the centre.
- Remember- if taking public transport you need to buy tickets beforehand, these will be on sale in newsagents at the arrivals hall, or in ticket machines, each ticket for public transport costs 26 CZK (approx 1 Euro) and lasts for 75 minutes.
- Remember - you must stamp your ticket as soon as you get on the bus, there are stamp machines on the bus, this validates the ticket and without it being stamped you risk being fined by inspectors.
The bus number 119 from the airport will take you to the Metro stop Dejvicka and from there it is about 4 stops by Metro into the centre.
- Remember - take our offer of one of our private coach transfers, it is so easy and will save a lot of time and hassle and will not cost so much. Private Prague Airport Transfers
Changing money in Prague on your Hen Party Weekend
The currency in the Czech Republic is still the Czech Koruna (CZK), so if you are travelling from abroad on your Stag Weekend then you will need to change money. Euro is accepted in a lot of places but you will receive your change in CZK and no Euro coins are accepted.
There are several methods of changing money while in Prague. At Prague Airport there are change shops, but many of them charge a commission fee which at times can be quite high. Best place to change money is in the centre in one of the main banks, like Komercni Banka, Raiffeisenbanka, HSBC, UniCredit, Citibank and more, you will get the normal rate and just a small fee deduction (average 2%). Also you can use one of the many cash machines with your Credit or Debit card, these again charge about (1.5%) and most major cards are accepted.
- Remember - if bringing money from the UK make sure you only bring Bank of England notes, other notes such as Bank of Scotland, Bank of Ireland are not accepted anywhere!
- Remember - do not change money on the streets, you will get offered this in Prague and you will get ripped off for sure, there is no money black market in Prague!
Accommodation in Prague centre for Hen Parties
Prague has a wide range of accommodation on offer, from basic Hostels at the budget end of costs and self catering apartments for up to 10 people in one large apartment and 3, 4 and 5 star Hotels, there are many choices.
- Remember - At Prague Tours Direct we can offer the full range of accommodation, we have some great discounts on offer, check out all our offers at Prague Hen Party Accommodation and we can get you a quick quote for your requirements.
- Remember - most locations will ask for a damage deposit (due to some previous groups damaging property), this is on average about 700 CZK (£20) per person and is refunded on leaving if no damage has been made to the rooms. Some locations do not ask for this, but just to make you aware that it might be the case, we will inform you beforehand if booking accommodation with us if it is required or not.
- Remember - you maybe offered a deal with some airlines offering accommodation with ticket booking, this may look a good price, but 9 times out of 10 the location of the accommodation is not revealed and you will be put well away from the centre and so will pay a fortune in taxis to get in and out of the centre. All our accommodation offers are in either Prague 1, or Prague 2 areas, just minutes walk from all the action, no need for taxis!
Public Transport in Prague for Hen Groups
Prague has an excellent Public Transport system, with the Tram, Metro and Bus services all normally running like clockwork. You may for some reason on your Hen Weekend need to use the Public Transport, below are a few tips if doing so.
- Remember - this web site Prague Public Transport is in English and has the full information on all the Public Transport services and ticket prices.
- Remember - always remember to stamp your ticket as soon as you get on a bus, or go into the Metro, or get onto a tram, there are machines to do this at all locations, failure to do so could result in a fine from an inspector!
- Remember - we can arrange private transport for you also in Prague (as well as airport transfers), should it be to take you to a football game, concert, party, restaurant or any other reason, check out our offers at Private Prague Transfers
Embassies in Prague useful for Hen Parties
While in Prague it is always useful to know your Embassy details in case you lose your passport or for some other emergency, below is a list we hope you will find useful, we have listed countries which Hen groups normally come from
Things to watch out for while in Prague on your Hen Weekend
We want you to enjoy this great Party Capital of Europe and we would just like to point out some possible obstacles along your way, this City is like any other in the world, there are thieves and vice, so just be wary and most of all have a great weekend!
- Remember - Drugs, you will be offered these on the street over your weekend, just ignore the sellers, they are out to rip you off and this is a criminal offense with the possibility of a jail term.
- Remember - Money changers, they will offer you very attractive rates but will rip you off and give you paper money worth nothing, they will give you notes from Romania, Bulgaria or elsewhere with no face value in Czech Republic.
- Remember - Prague like every major tourist City has many pickpockets, be careful with your wallets, purses, handbags, cameras and valuables on crowded places like the Metro and Trams etc.
- Remember - Taxis in Prague have a bad reputation, but when you book with us we will give you a good contact for an English speaking Taxi company who charges normal prices.
- Remember- It is normal in Prague (if you are pleased with the service) to tip about 10% of the total bill in restaurants and bars.